Job Title: Education Officer
Job Type: Casual
Location: Positions available in Launceston and Hobart
The Forest Education Foundation is seeking suitably experienced casual Education Officers to deliver education programs to school groups across a range of sites and year levels (Years K-12) in Tasmania (positions available in the north and south of the state).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver school and field-based learning programs for students ranging from K-12.
- Collaborate with FEF teachers to design and develop engaging student learning activities in accordance with the Australian Curriculum and which meet the FEF’s guiding principles.
- Undertake risk assessments and ensure appropriate documentation is completed prior to school and field-based activities.
- Communicate effectively with education and industry stakeholders.
- Provide general administration support as required.
- Accurately record and submit schedules and documentation of all activities.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualification or experience in education, environmental sciences and/or environmental interpretation are desired.
- Current registration for Working with Vulnerable People, or eligibility to register
- Provide First Aid qualification
- Manual driver’s license
- This is a casual fixed term position for an initial period of 1 year. The position involves variable and flexible hours.
- An hourly rate will be negotiated with the successful applicant subject to qualification and experience.
If you would like to apply for this position and seek further information please contact:
Forest Education Foundation
c/- 70 Hampden Rd
Battery Point TAS 7004
Telephone: 0417 532 058
Applications close: February Tuesday 26th at 6pm