The FEF can offer both incursion and excursion opportunities that can be tailored to your program and needs. Understand the importance of classification in organising food webs and ecosystems, investigate how water moves through a natural and modified landscape, and explore the global carbon cycle. Collect data from different forest types, and learn about managing landscapes for different purposes. Contact the FEF to plan a program suitable for your learning goals.
Secondary programs may include investigating:
- Forest ecosystems, energy flows and regeneration cycles
- Forest science and research
- People and forests – social, environmental and economic values
- Forest management practices across landscapes and land tenures
- Renewable and non-renewable resources
- Timber harvesting, processing and products, and future directions
- Managing forests in the landscape and sustainability
- Carbon cycles, forests, forest products and futures
Please contact us for more details about planning your schools experience, to make a booking, discuss the cost structures and our transport subsidy options.