The Forest Education Foundation is committed to providing a diverse range of experiences to enable students to:
- Appreciate the nature and diversity of our environment;
- Develop an understanding of natural cycles within our environment;
- Understand factors that control the evolution, distribution and survival of species;
- Appreciate the many values of our natural resources;
- Appreciate links between human history and the environment;
- Develop an understanding of the complexities of managing dynamic natural resources for a range of purposes;
- Recognise and appreciate that a range of different and changing values are associated with environments uses;
- Develop an understanding of the concept of ecologically sustainable development; and
- Investigate ways people discuss and resolve issues.
As we continue to develop learning opportunities and teaching resources the FEF will maintain our support to schools throughout the State to assist in the delivery of programs and demonstrate links to the Australian Curriculum.