Forest Education Foundation Conference 2019
The Stories Behind Our Trees
The opportunity to connect and collaborate with educators and forest industry professionals.
What is your story behind our trees?
Thursday 31 October – Friday 1 November
The Tramsheds Function Centre, Launceston
The conference will draw together teachers and academics, industry representatives, policy makers and researchers to collaborate on shared goals for forest education. The Conference will not only showcase forest education and industry partnerships in Tasmania, but delegates will learn from interstate and overseas representatives. The conference will connect people with a passion for forests and create partnerships and collaboration for the future of forests.
• Broaden your knowledge of conceptual frameworks for communicating about forests
• Examine ways to use forests as a context for teaching and learning
• Connect with individuals, companies and organisations with a passion for forest landscapes
• Explore new opportunities to work with the Forest Education Foundation
Presented by teachers, researchers and industry professionals – keynote sessions and workshops will feature local, interstate and international representatives and will cover a broad range of topics including:
- Examine ways to use forests as a context for teaching and learning
- Conceptual frameworks for teaching about forests
- Curriculum implementation and connections
- Teaching resources and innovations
- Future projects for student action