Exploring Career Pathways
The FEF in conjunction with Arbre - Forest Industries Training and Careers Hub provides opportunities for students to engage with Forest Industries. Offering students the chance to explore a diverse range of career pathways across a variety of fields, including:
- forest science and research (forest ecology / fire management / land-use implications)
- professional forestry (planning and mapping / land management / native forestry and plantation forestry / conservation planning / sales / community engagement)
- harvesting, haulage and processing a range of products (working in the forest, transporting the products and working in the processing mills)
- in school use of simulators for harvesting equipment and visits to working forest operations (under the guidance of Arbre)
- research and development in timber engineering and future products directions
In exploring these opportunities the FEF have the teaching experience and the industry networks to provide first-hand experiences to groups of teachers and students throughout the State. In supporting this the FEF also has access to safety equipment required for groups visiting industry locations and have the required Risk Assessment processes in place.
Each program is developed to maximise student interactions with industry experts and a wide range of employees as we visit different sites. Specific tasks have been designed to engage students in the process.
The FEF are able to developed programs in consultation with schools and local forest industry representatives in order to meet the interest of students and to maximise the outcomes for all involved. Qualified and experienced FEF teachers ensure the experiences are linked to the Australian Curriculum and further support the Department of Education’s My Education program.
For further information on our recent programs click here.
Please contact us for more details about your Exploring Career Pathways Program.